Wednesday, June 10, 2009

The Waiting Game

I am STILL waiting for word on the new wedding dress. I am trying so hard to be patient but it's really making me nervous. Will I get the dress or the "can't fill the order card." Sigh.... I should know by Monday. I'm having it shipped to my parents' house anyway, so I'm waiting no matter what.



On a lighter note.... I am trying to stay organized so I don't have to rush at the last minute. For example: I am starting to gather addresses and phone numbers and e-mail addresses to make sending the invitations go a little smoother. We are planning on printing the invitations ourselves. And yes, I have started playing with the wording. I'm thinking it will be easier to just print address labels rather than write out every envelope. (Estimate right now is about 150 invitations, guest list is at 188.)



We have a lot of major stuff left to do. Meet with our priest, find and book a caterer, dj, and photographer/videographer, and decide how many tables/chairs/tents, etc. we need to rent and then book those too. And joy oh joy Jason and I have to apply for passports!



We've got fun stuff too though! I brought home some wine to "taste test." I am going back and forth on wine bottles with corks or bottles with screw tops. I just hate the thought of uncorking upwards of 6-8 cases of wine. Yuck. At this point though taste in reference to price is going to win. If we decide on getting married at church (we haven't made a final decision yet) then we need a unity candle. I am busy looking at our options. We are also thinking about toppers for our wedding cake. And what seems to be the hardest fun job is picking out a song for our first dance. And a song for my dance with my dad!



I have plenty to make too! I am making labels for our wedding bubbles. I have to "alter" our bouquets, they have ugly plastic junk in them. Centerpieces, CD favors, place cards, place card holder, floating candles....... and the list goes on and on. Luckily there are things that just can;t be done right now like place cards and addressing invitations.



Ok.... back to waiting for my dress!

No comments:

Post a Comment