Sunday, June 28, 2009

DIY Rose bouquets




My current project are some DIY bouquets for my bridesmaids. I found these beautiful roses at AC Moore. They are very nice for silk and everyone that has seen them thinks they are lovely!
On the left is the before picture. Now the green stuff and the berry stuff is VERY artificial in person. On the right I have those pulled out. The right picture is the "in progress" picture. Now I am trying to decide what the next step is. I definitely want the stems wrapped in ribbon. But should I add more flowers? Maybe some pearl sprays? I just don't know. I guess I have a year to figure it out! (These are the same flowers I am going to incorporate into the cake topper's base.)

2 comments:

  1. Hello Beth.
    Glad to hear I'm not the only one doing fauz flowers and almost everything DIY. I am taking on the daunting task of making ribbon pomanders instead of floral ones.. eeeep!! I made a mock version of my bridal bouquet out of silk flowers and I deidn't buy nearly enough, when you have only a few flowers like in the picture here, the ribbon looks silly when you wrap it so I would definitely add something else even if it is the pearls like you mentioned. everything looks fantastic by the way, your ideas are rocking!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Miranda,
    Do you have a picture of your ribbon pomanders? I would love to see them!

    ReplyDelete