Sunday, June 28, 2009

Bridesmaid dresses!


Everyone wants to know about the bridesmaid dresses. I am definitely thinking sage green. It will look nice on everyone, I love the color, and it's super easy to match and find it. Then, I can always add accents if I decide to incorporate a second color. It might be a champagn-ish color. My dress (assuming it's going to fit!) has some details that are a chamagney-taupe color.
My plan was to wait until next spring to get the dresses. Everyone's weight fluctuates and I don't want major alterations..... too expensive...too stressful.....too embarrassing. Nobody wants panels! That's why we are also planning to STAY OUT of the traditional bridal shop. The dresses always come in needing to be altered.
Well here comes my idea. Aunt Kathy (travel agent, wedding coordinator, support system) said she had coordinated a wedding where all the girls wore the same color but different styled dresses. And it looked really sharp. Hmmmm... What if I have the girls pick their own dress? The only rules being it must be labeled sage green, be the same length as the others, wedding appropriate, same sleeve style (strapless or no sleeves, etc) and CANNOT be a duplicate of the other girls. It would be fun for the girls! I would love to see what styles they all like and where they wind up finding their dresses. What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment