Monday, September 21, 2009

Decisions, decisions

Ok we have some choices to make....

First off I have a wedding website that I started, like, three days after Jason proposed. But it expires after a year... which would be May. The wedding is in August. That's not helpful. The trial version for the site was awesome! After two weeks it reverted to the standard version which is lame. So now I am considering moving to another site with no expiration date. It seems to have much more useful tools and seems to be free. I might work on it for two weeks to make sure it isn't a trial then direct everyone to it. So new website or old website?

That leads to the second decision. Do I use the free R.S.V.P. site that gives everyone a private access code? Or do I let them use the free R.S.V.P. feature on the new wedding website where anyone can do it and see everyone else's entry? It would be more difficult to do a separate site because each invitation would have to include a private access code. (Different for EVERY invitation) It would also be one more site everyone has to go to.

Ok choice number three. Should I do an online R.S.V.P. or just do response cards. I know some guests don't use the Internet, but I pretty much know who they are and can send them a response card.

Lastly, I am really excited about the online picture sharing BUT I saw another idea. I was reading about someone else online that had a photo station at her wedding. She had someone volunteer to man the station and had a laptop where guests uploaded their pictures before they even left the wedding. The DJ told everyone about it and then no one had to think about it when they got home. I think I would still want some kind of site so everyone could still see the pictures.... especially the ones from the disposable cameras. I guess I could just use Facebook though.

Oh man.... so many decisions. This isn't even the big stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment