Sunday, August 23, 2009

Jess and Rob's Wedding

































Ok, I had a HUGE project I was working on but I couldn't really say anything because it was a secret. So it was killing me not to post anything about it. But finally on Saturday Rob and Jess had a small intimate wedding so it's not a secret anymore! Yea! I wanted to do a few small things to help make their day extra special.















Favors- chocolate heart molded candies (red because I was initially misinformed about the wedding colors, cough, Jason, cough). The chocolates were in little silver heart shaped boxes.




Fans- just Popsicle stick fans. I didn't have time to get a picture of the bride and groom so I used some clip art. Sigh, not my finest work but I had some time constrictions.
Bubbles- instead of birdseed or rice or flower petals. I just tied little bows around the necks of the bottles. I don't think I have a picture but it was just a little bow.


Photo frame with autograph mat- I just tied some ribbon around the four corners and then put the back of the frame on to hide the ends of the ribbon. No picture of it though. Sorry : (



Cake topper- I started a monogram "V" like my "D" but it looked more like a "U" so it evolved into a heart. Which matched the favor boxes and the backs of the fans. Totally Sheila's idea, thanks Sheil!

And the most daunting task..... and I got called a crazy person more or less at work..... I made the wedding cake!!! I love to decorate cakes. Thanks to Aunt Lynn who had me do my first cake ever. Blue's Clues for one of Emily's birthdays. Don't ask me what birthday... five I want to say? I actually do have a pic somewhere. I am used to working in butter cream but I went for fondant because I didn't have time to hand pipe an entire cake in the short amount of time I had. It was a total shot in the dark because I had never done it. But it totally paid off. The cake was beautiful! It was three layers, wrapped in ribbon, accented with white roses and green leaves. The server at dinner asked for a piece! The cake though is an entirely different post.
















No comments:

Post a Comment